The University Twente Scholarships (UTS) are scholarships for excellent international students from both EU/EEA as well as non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a graduate programme (MSc) at the University of Twente.
The UT Scholarship is meant for those international students who show excellence, both academically as well as socially. The UT masters scholarship is not available for Dutch and/or current UT Bachelor students.
You must meet all UT requirements to succeed with your application. If you apply for a UT scholarship without meeting all the requirements, your application will ALWAYS be unsuccessful.
Eligibility / Application Requirements
To qualify for a UTS, candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- You have been admitted/provisionally accepted to one of the below mentioned UT graduate programmes before 15 March (for Round 1) or before 15 September (for Round 2).
- You have included a motivation letter in your application (250 – 500 words), this motivation letter explains):
- What you have studied in the past;
- What goal you want to reach through your study at UT;
- How you plan to receive this goal;
- Why you particularly choose to study at the University of Twente.
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- You comply with the general English language test norm Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills.
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study grant.
- You have completed a pre-master at the University of Twente (if applicable).
- While doing your pre-master programme at the University of Twente, you may already apply for a UTS. However, you must complete your pre-master programme with a CGPA of 7.5 out of 10 to be eligible for a UTS and comply with above mentioned requirements.
Citizens of ALL countries (EXCEPT Dutch nationals and current UT students)
University of Twente, The Netherlands
Fields of study
All masters level courses offered at University of Twente, including:
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Business Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Management
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science
- Construction Management and Engineering
- Educational Science and Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- European Studies
- Health Sciences
- Human Media Interaction
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Environmental and Energy Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society
- Public Administration
- Science Education and Communication
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- Systems and Control
Number of awards
Approximately 30 scholarships are available. There is a limited number of UTS scholarships available every year, and only the most excellent students will be nominated.
This is awarded for one year of study and extended for a second year if study results are sufficient.
In case of a two-year study programme, students can receive an additional UTS of an amount equal to that in the first year to cover the expenses of the second year. However, the scholarship will only be continued during the second when students meet the progress requirements for the UTS.
These progress requirements in order to get a scholarship for the second year are:
- The student must have obtained an average grade of 7 (out of 10) at the end of the third quartile of the first year of the programme;
- The student must have obtained at least 50% of European Credits at the end of the third quartile of the first year programme;
- The student must have obtained 90% of European Credits before start of the second year programme.
The scholarship value varies from €6,000 up to a maximum of €25,000 for one year.
Method of Application
In order to apply for this scholarship, you already need to be (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying Master programmes.
Unlike in the past, all applications are now through an online application process (after meeting all requirements mentioned). If you meet all the criteria and requirements listed above, then you are welcome to start the application process for a UTS scholarship. Please note carefully that if you apply for a UTS scholarship without meeting all the requirements, your application will not be considered.
It is important to read the masters application instructions for admissions BEFORE applying; and also to visit the official UT scholarship website (link to it is below) to start your online scholarship application.
The University of Twente Scholarship (UTS) application round 1 is Closed. Application deadline for scholarship applications is 1 May
Applicants will be notified whether their application was successful by (for round 1) and by 1 May (for round 2).
University of Twente (Universiteit Twente in Dutch) is a university located in Enschede, Netherlands. It offers research and degree programmes in the social and behavioral sciences and in engineering.
Application Deadline: 1 September 2018.